Do you want to raise your own scientific questions and look for answers? Then you are the right candidate for “Jugend Forscht”. Nationwide, Jugend Forscht is the best-known young scientist competition – and has been happening for 50 years! The goal is to get young people interested in mathematics, computer science, science and technology, to find and promote talent. Teenagers from the 4th grade up to the age of 21 years can participate.
For more information visit Jugend Forscht.
All our US locations take part in annual fund-raising events to support local charities by either donating time or money.
Our activities include:
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Community Resource Services – Avon Lake Holiday Fund Raiser supporting families during the Holiday season with monetary and holiday gifts for local families in need.
- Fundraising events targeting specific charities (Habitat for Humanity, Local Food Bank thru Community Resource Services). habitat.org | aalcrs.org
- Northeast Ohio Science and Engineering Fair – We support high-schoolers interested in engineering by providing financial awards for the best chemistry and sustainability posters judged by our R&D team. neosef.org
Pedricktown, New Jersey
- Meals on Wheels – Employees volunteer to deliver meals to needy families in Salem County. mealsonwheelsamerica.org
- Teachers Summer Institute Sponsorship – Pedricktown supports a STEM project assigned yearly through the local Community Advisory Panel (GASGAP) for local classroom.
- Habitat for Humanity Fund Raiser – Employees contribute thru payroll deductions to assist Habitat in its mission of building and repairing homes for families in Salem County. This aid helps families in the community in which the plant is located. habitat.org
- We support the emergency responders that respond to plant emergencies by donations to the Pedricktown and Auburn Fire Departments and the Pedricktown Ambulance organization. pedricktownfirecompany.com | auburnfire2.com
Annual fundraising efforts are in place in support of local community charities such as, Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, and the American Red Cross.