Orbia Vestolit is committed to ensuring continuous business growth in a responsible manner by following the countries legal norms where we operate. We contribute to improving the living conditions of people by providing quality products and services, minimizing the process risks, and creating value to the social progress.
We support initiatives that reach as many people as possible and have a long-term impact. We promote education, science, social affairs, sports and culture. At the regional level, we work with universities, schools and non-profit organizations.
Adapting PVC to Advance Lives Today
Since 2018, Vestolit has been leading an alliance with five recognized building and infrastructure companies focused on developing sustainable infrastructure. As a result of this partnership, Vestolit and the company’s partners have created low cost, low maintenance and modular PVC housing material that can be manufactured quickly, efficiently and cost effectively, integrated with rainwater catchment systems and recycled up to seven times for over 470 years of use.
This material result of the alliance’s collaboration has recently been put to work in the design of outpatient and in-hospital centers to meet intermediate and intensive medical care needs for COVID-19 patients.
These medical structures can be factory-made in three to four days and assembled in the field in just two days. And they are light and easy to transport—one square meter weighs 11 kilograms, as compared to the standard 50 kilograms per square meter for a wall of traditional construction.
Along with these medical center designs, Vestolit has recently created a new structure dubbed “the vital cell” and deployed it across Latin America to provide needed infrastructure to confront the peak of the pandemic. True to its name, it can either work individually or as a cluster of cells that can be built out, if needed, over time.
Solving for unprecedented challenges like COVID-19 is never easy, but collaborations like these can make it possible.
Jugend Forscht / Youth Researchers - Marl, Germany
Do you want to raise your own scientific questions and look for answers? Then you are the right candidate for “Jugend Forscht”. Nationwide, Jugend Forscht is the best-known young scientist competition – and has been happening for 50 years! The goal is to get young people interested in mathematics, computer science, science and technology, to find and promote talent. Teenagers from the 4th grade up to the age of 21 years can participate.
For more information visit Jugend Forscht.
Annual fundraising efforts - United States
All our US locations take part in annual fund-raising events to support local charities by either donating time or money.
Our activities include:
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Community Resource Services – Avon Lake Holiday Fund Raiser supporting families during the Holiday season with monetary and holiday gifts for local families in need.
- Fundraising events targeting specific charities (Habitat for Humanity, Local Food Bank thru Community Resource Services). habitat.org | aalcrs.org
- Northeast Ohio Science and Engineering Fair – We support high-schoolers interested in engineering by providing financial awards for the best chemistry and sustainability posters judged by our R&D team. neosef.org
- Through the Henry Plant United Way Fund raiser, donations are made to local food bank in Henry Illinois. unitedway.org
- Our plants supports our local high school, Henry-Senachwine, with donations for STEM projects. hscud5.org
Pedricktown, New Jersey
- Meals on Wheels – Employees volunteer to deliver meals to needy families in Salem County. mealsonwheelsamerica.org
- Teachers Summer Institute Sponsorship – Pedricktown supports a STEM project assigned yearly through the local Community Advisory Panel (GASGAP) for local classroom.
- Habitat for Humanity Fund Raiser – Employees contribute thru payroll deductions to assist Habitat in its mission of building and repairing homes for families in Salem County. This aid helps families in the community in which the plant is located. habitat.org
- We support the emergency responders that respond to plant emergencies by donations to the Pedricktown and Auburn Fire Departments and the Pedricktown Ambulance organization. pedricktownfirecompany.com | auburnfire2.com
Annual fundraising efforts - United States
Annual fundraising efforts are in place in support of local community charities such as, Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, and the American Red Cross.